During the current Covid-19 pandemic, I aim to minimise the risk of infection in my practice and to make it as safe as I can for all my patients as well as for me! To this end, I follow safe working practices and the advice issued by Public Health England. I am also fully insured.
Minimising the risks and making us all safe
- All my equipment is sterilised in an autoclave and stays sterile until use.
- I employ the strictest infection control procedures – as a key worker in the NHS, I understand how important this is.
- I use disposable PPE (personal protective equipment), masks, gloves and aprons that are disposed of after each visit.
- I will offer a mask for you to wear during treatment.
- It is necessary to use some of my equipment patient-to-patient (for example, my foot tray, and leg rest). These are decontaminated after each patient and I allow time between visits to carry out these important procedures.
- Although it is not possible to fully socially distance during treatments, the fact that I am working on your feet enables me to maintain some distance from your face, reducing the risk of transmission.